Thursday, August 25, 2011

BFF Chicken Pot Pie

I love my BFF......we've been friends for eleven years.....she knows me well and she still choses to be my friend....it's amazing. Over the past eleven years she has given me wisdom, encouragement, fellowship, and sometimes a swift kick to the pants when I need it. One of my favorite things that she has given me is a good recipe!!!!!!! Tonight my kiddos and I enjoyed her Chicken Pot Pie recipe and I thought it was so good that it needed sharing. So thank you dear BFF!!!! I love you dearly and I will always be amazed that you put up with me so well!!!

BFF Chicken Pot Pie

Crust
2 TB Butter
1 Cup Bisquick
2 TB Milk

Filling
1/4 Cup Butter
1/4 Cup Bisquick
2 TB Chopped onion
1/8 tsp Pepper
1 1/4 Cup Chicken broth
1 Cup Mixed veggies
1 1/2 Cup Chicken

Top
1/2 Cup Bisquick
1/3 Cup Milk
1 TB Butter

Mix crust and press onto the bottom of a pie plate. Back at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Meanwhile melt your butter in a pan and stir in the onion and pepper. Cook until bubbly. Add the chicken broth and veggies Heat to a boil, and after a minute add chicken and bisquick. Stir up well. Pour into your pie plate. Mix up your crust then pour on top. Bake for 25 minutes and enjoy!!!


No comments: