It was huge.
Gigantic.
I am still in awe of the magnitude that was
Our adoption yard sale.
Let me give you the numbers...
32 families donated....
14 people worked...
Including 5 kids...
And so far we've made over $1700!!!!!
We are so thankful. So humbled and so thankful.
I am amazed at how hard friends and family worked on our behalf....
I am profoundly affected by the way so many people sacrificed for us....for Kai...
Just typing about it makes me tear up! (Surprise surprise....)
When I woke up at 5:00 a.m. I came down the stairs to find my twelve year old nephew, and my sixty-five year old Dad ready to work.
One friend came straight from a camping trip to our house and stayed until dinner...
And then there were our shoppers.
Our precious sweet shoppers.
Little old ladies would just hug me and say "I will pray for you!! God Bless you!!"
Young couples would look at Kai's picture and say "this is really awesome..."
A sweet family that didn't speak english came and shopped for a while...they only bought a few things with what little money they had. When they checked out, they gave more than what they owed....when we tried to give them change they simply said "no no....we help Baby."
Tears.
For our family, it was more than just a fundraiser.
It was more than just money.
It was Support. Care. Love.
Adoption does something.
It moves communities...strengthens the bonds of friendship...touches hearts and brings together strangers.
That was one yard sale I will never forget.



No comments:
Post a Comment