I love the stuff that comes out of the mouths of babes......you never know what you are going to get. Because I have the memory of a pea and can't hardly remember what day it is, when fun stuff happens in my house I have to blog about it or write it down. So tonight I blog! Here are a few of the conversations that have (for one reason or another) rocked my world this week.
Conversation #1 (This one will be perfect to bring up before her first date...or maybe rehearsal dinner..)
Elle "Mom.....I need to eat a few grapes, I am contagious....."
Me "Um.....you mean constipated?
Ellie "Yeah, comlicated...."
Me (holding back tears laughing)
Ellie "MOM, why are you laughing this is SO serious!?!?!?!"
(Fall on the floor laughing)
(Elle then walks away and presumes that her mother is crazy.....which is true...)
Conversation #2
Ok, first you need a little background for this conversation. Picture this.....Ava loves dresses. I mean REALLY loves dresses. She has a few adorable outfits in her closet that are not dresses and I am determined to get her to wear them!!!! I mean they are perfectly good outfits! I don't want to waste any cuteness!!!! So this particular morning I had laid out a precious little outfit on her bed that happened to be shorts and a shirt. Meltdown. Not just any old meltdown.......a full on, hyperventilating, the world is over meltdown. I had to send her to her room to try to calm down (with no avail by the way), and Ellie kindly asked me if she could go talk to Ava. I said sure and like any good mother ease dropped by the door. This is what I heard.....
Elle "Ava, why are you embarrassed?
Ava (sobs)
Elle "Are you afraid that other kids won't like your outfit?"
Ava (quivering sobs) "yeeeeeess"
Elle "Oh Ava! They will not! They will probably love it!" (I love that Elle is a realist and threw "probably" in there....)
Ava "Are you sure?"
Elle (In the sweetest most compassionate voice ever) "Yes honey! Now Ava, we have to make sure that you don't make dresses an idol"
What in the world! Is that my child in there?!?!?! The same child who likes to make Ava cry just for funsies?!?!?!
It was PRECIOUS. Simply precious.
5 years ago

1 comment:
Adorable stories!! Thanks for sharing Katie!!
Post a Comment