Monday, October 25, 2010

Waiting

I'm not sure why the last few weeks of pregnancy are the most difficult. Maybe it is because of the ridiculously huge size of my belly. Or maybe it is the lack of sleep, throwing up, back pain and constant comments from strangers. Most likely, I think it is the anticipation of a new member for our family, and having no idea when he is going to arrive! Yesterday Brett and I did some research on home remedy's to help bring on labor, and we pretty much tried them all. Still no baby. We have been praying for God's perfect timing, and I'm very aware that this whole process reveals in me a sinful lack of patience.
I feel like we have been waiting for Beckett for more than just 9 months. Several weeks ago I was revisiting some old prayer journals and I found entries from more than two years ago, asking God to bless our family with a baby boy. Loosing our third baby only lengthened our wait and added to our anguish. I can say with confidence that I believe Becks will be worth the wait.
One of my favorite places to sit and wait is our new porch. We got a great deal on a love-seat glider, so I can sit outside, rock, and enjoy the best TN has to offer. This is one of the views I have in the mornings while I rock. Hopefully very soon I will have a new baby in my arms to help me enjoy the views!


1 comment:

Deidre said...

Praying for you and your family as you wait....and for a safe delivery of baby boy. Hopefully it will be sooner than later! :)