Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Tearful Birthday

Today, January 20, 2010 was suppose to be a very special day. It was suppose to be a day of excitement, joy, and relief. I was suppose to give birth to our third child, hold him in my arms, give him his "official" name (we lovingly and playfully call him baby tres) , and keep him close to my heart. He left us much to early, without explanation or cause. Even though I never got to see the color of his hair, the sweetness of his smile, or the pureness of his eyes, I miss him terribly. Today I longed to hold my child, more than I have ever wanted anything. I was completely loved and comforted by amazing friends who walked with me through my pain. They loved me well and provided hugs and comfort. More importantly my precious Saviour has walked with me through this trial, provided his unending peace, and given me grace and strength to make it through the day. I am thankful for His word that promises that the Lord is close to the broken hearted. Happy Birthday my sweet child.

1 comment:

The Wrought Iron Gate said...

Sweet Katie,
How could you not mark this day with thoughts of what might have been? Although you yearn to embark on another journey toward motherhood, and leave the pain of this broken journey behind, your love for this little boy will forever live in your heart.
Love to you and yours,
Kay