Friday, October 2, 2009

Just me and you babe!


This past weekend Brett and I were so blessed to be able to enjoy the weekend, just the two of us! Totally kid free from Friday at noon untill Sunday afternoon! To be honest with you, after sending the kiddos on their way with Nana , I almost didn't know what to do with myself!! I enjoyed some leisure time by doing some shopping and going on a run. It was fabulous!!! The whole weekend was relaxing and fun. I really feel like God used it to draw Brett and I closer to each other, and closer to Him. Friday night we decided to try out Conners after discovering that Olive Garden had a line the size of Texas!! It was good food and a pretty romantic atmosphere! We enjoyed lots of laughs at Tyler Perry's new movie "I can do bad all by myself". We had a blast with Julie and Randy Doss at Red Robin and the football game. But one of my favorite experiences of the whole weekend was Sunday after church, we wandered downtown to venture out and try a new place to eat. We had a gift card to Nama's Sushi Bar, which at first wasnt all that exciting since I had never eaten sushi, nor had any desire to eat sushi. But being the wonderful husband Brett is, he urged me to be brave and branch out. I am soooooooooo thankful he did!!!! It was delicious!!! And so much fun trying something new! I am so greatful that we have opportunities like these, with the help of wonderful family who is always willing to lend a helping hand. My mother always told me that the best gift that we could give our children was a good marriage. And this weekend helped develop that gift!

No comments: