Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ellie wants a boy......and I do to!!!

Today I was on the computer, checking email when Ellie walked up beside me and asked "mom what are we going to name my boy?? I want a brother!" I just laughed at first......simply for the fact that I am NOT PREGNANT!!! (Just wanted to emphasise that!) But then I teared up because deep down inside I agree with her 100%!!! It is probably no surprise to most of you that after I had Ava I had decided that I was done having babies! After two surprise pregnancies in three years of marriage I thought we could just be done and attempt to get back to "life as normal".
Once again I really beleive that God's plans are not my own......and that His plans are far better than mine. As Ava has gotten older my heart has longed for a baby boy....and for weeks Brett and I have been praying about possibly adopting. (He wasnt too crazy about the idea of me being pregnant again...hehehe I can't imagine why!!) But for whatever reason my desire has been to have a baby boy of our own . I want a little Brett running around our house =) Right now our health insurance is an issue so we are praying for the Lord's perfect timing and are excited about the possibility of expanding our family!! The funny part is, I'm sure if and when our baby boy arrives Ellie will see him as "her boy"......

1 comment:

The Wrought Iron Gate said...

Dear Katie'
Love your blog! I think a baby boy (whenever he arrives) will round out your family quite well. I've added you to my blogroll. We enjoyed seeing you guys last weekend.
Love ya, Aunt Kay