Several people recently asked me where we are in the adoption process.....so I thought I would update with a blog post. Sadly we are in the same place in the process that we were over seven weeks ago. No movement. No news. Nothing.
When we were matched with Kai our Dossier had to be translated...which we found out was completed on April 30th. Next it needs to be reviewed, then matched with Kai's files. Once this is done the Chinese government will issue us a "Letter of Approval" or "LOA" (international adoption is all about the acronyms...). The LOA is super exciting because then Kai is officially matched with us and we can share his beautiful face with the world!!!
Right now we are waiting to hear that our dossier has been reviewed......it should be any day now...so we wait. And let me tell you......waiting is not something I am good at........I'm actually pretty terrible at it!!!! I check email a thousand times a day......I stalk adoption groups to watch other families timelines unfold....I stare at Kai's picture and cry......I'm awful. I've had thoughts of calling our agency and busting out into A Great Big World's "Say Something".........say something.....anything........any updates would be great. I won't. But I've seriously considered it. Instead we wait.
5 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment