Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Birthday To Me!!!! Our Dossier is in the mail!!!!!!

What is a Dossier you may ask?  It is basically our entire lives in one large envelope.  It's a collection of documents detailing every aspect of our life.  It contains our financial information...employment information...reference letters...medical exams...pictures of our family and home...criminal background checks...birth certificates...marriage license....passports...immigration forms...and our homestudy.  The homestudy includes several personal, marital and family interviews...a psychological exam....our parenting styles...religious beliefs...and family histories.  We have been working on this stuff for months.  MONTHS PEOPLE!!!  I don't like working on anything for over an hour.  For a dossier, ten of the documents receive notaries, county seals, and then state seals.  Almost all of these documents had to be done...then redone...and some done a third time.  This dossier made me cry.  A lot.  And tonight it is out of my hands!!  Today was my birthday and I received an amazing gift.  My hubby drove over 6 hours to Nashville to obtain the final state seals for our documents.

Once he made it home, I spent a couple of hours making copies...filing...and organizing....then we sped off to the UPS store and made it right before they closed (I am certain that I scared the poor lil guy behind the desk as I ran in with overwhelming excitement....) 


Today was insane.  Crazy. Busy.  Insane. 

 But at the end of the day our Dossier is in the mail!  From here it will go to our Agency (Bethany Christian Services) in Michigan.  They will review it, process it and send it to Washington D.C to receive it's final seals from the Chinese Consulate.  It will be mailed back to our agency in Michigan and then they will mail it off to China!  Once in China it will be logged in to the Chinese Children Welfare System.  After we are "logged in" we will just wait for our referral!!! We are hoping to be logged in (or LID) sometime in early April.  So there you have it!  One of the best birthdays ever!!!  



No comments: